Monday, November 19, 2012

Thank You

     There are so many things that I can say thank you for and I'm sure that I could never fully convey just how thankful I am but I will do my best. Happy thanksgiving everyone back home!
Thank you to all my teachers in high school and formative educational years; I really mean all of you.  Thank you to the teachers who always supported individuality and making your own mark. Thank you especially to all the teachers way back when that made class so incredibly boring that all I could think about was never having to take a math or science or history ever again ! Had your class actually kept me awake, I may have ended up being a lawyer or doctor or something. That'd just be ludicrous.
Thank you to all of the externship sites I applied to for turning me Down or flat out not answering. At first I was really upset by the lack of responses, but sitting where I am now ( which is Malaysia, by the way) I realize that your rejections  led me on a journey I could have never conceived in my wildest dreams. Thanks to all of you, I've now been to six countries, 7 cities and have joined a crew that represents over 60 countries. And it's only been one month since I've gotten here. to think I could be stuck in jersey or NYC right now.
     Thank you to my friends, both old and new, for being by my side through thick and thin. I believe People come in to our lives for a reason, a season or a lifetime. There are those who have come into my life for one sole purpose, whether they know it or not, and moved on. Some for an extended period of time but fade away after a while. And some have stayed in my life for years and I know will continue to be in my life for many more years. I value all of you and love you all equally. Without your support I don't know where I'd be.
      And last but certainly not least by any stretch of the imagination, thank you to my family. The hardest part of being on this ship is knowing that I can't just drive home when I miss you. I can't even fly home. I've become acutely aware of just how far away we are from eachother now. But I know it just means our reunion will be that much better. Being on this ship has showed me the sacrifice and love that is necessary to enable the success of not just yourself but of your family. It's an unconditional and powerful force that never ceases to amaze me.
      I never thought I'd be in Malaysia for thanksgiving or Sydney for Christmas. But that does not change my spirit in this season. I send you all my love and best wishes now and always.

1 comment:

  1. Ryeee! <3 I wish you could send digital hugs. If I could, I would. :)
    ~Kasey

    ReplyDelete