Story Time:
So, upon arriving to the (insert heavy sarcasm here) luxurious hotel about 3 miles from the Barcelona Airport, I was given a room-key and sent on my merry way to do as I pleased with my first and only 24 hour stay in Barcelona. The world was my oyster. I literally could do anything I wanted. The possibilities were endless; see La Sagrada Familia, go meet locals at the bars, go dance, shop! So what did I decide to do? Walk around butt ass naked. A lot.
Here's the thing about living alone... it's freaking awesome. Literally there is nothing bad about living alone except for the fact that you can't blame smells and messes on anyone else- but that's the reason you get a dog or a gerbil or some other form of smell/mess scapegoat.
Perhaps the single best thing about living alone is the ability to do whatever, whenever. If you want to crochet a picture of the Virgin Mary for your weird neighbor's nephew's birthday while listening to Adele and simultaneously sobbing about a break-up that made you set fire to the rain, you DO it. Why? Because you can! If you want to walk around butt-ass freakin' naked, you do it. Why? Because you can... and you always feel like you look a whole lot better naked when there's no mirrors or anyone else around to judge you. However, looking back at what I said earlier, the whole having a pet thing here would actually be annoying- who wants those beady little eyes staring at you while you walk around in the buff, right? Plus cats look like they're judging you so hardcore all the time.
So there I am walking around in my nudist glory. Letting it all hang out and not having a care in the world. It felt great!... until Anton walked in on me doing la macarena around the room. Talk about awkward.
Interesting side-note to this story that the hotel forgot to tell me; the room I stayed in wasn't a single after all.
Perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment