Before I left everyone and their mother (literally) was giving me advice on how to combat sea-sickness. I am happy to report, however, that I do not experience sea-sickness. At all. Not even on the rough seas that we're on right now- I saw three waiters fall, I giggled. Although, on the flip-side, I do have to say I experience some side effect, one I coined "the sea sleepies". The sea-sleepies is definitely medical-standard terminology. Basically the sea sleepies come from a constant back and forth motion caused by the waves the ship is going over that lulls me to sleep every time I sit down or blink for too long of a period of time. Thank baby Jesus for Red Bull.
Side note: today the captain came around and hand delivered letters to everyone informing them of the possible pirate attacks that may or may not occur on our particular travel route. Nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment