I finally figured out how to make the internet work here. And at 14 cents per minute, I also figured out how to make it work quickly. So here's my blog post!
You know that picture I put on my Facebook of the ship? Yeah, you know how it look pretty big? Well. Its massive. I mean 17 total floors kind of massive. It houses 3k guests and almost 200 employees. Insanity, I can't even express it in words, I'll have to take pictures.
So, the first day of the cruise is called embarkation! And its... really boring. Talk about a snoozefest. It reminds me a lot of the first few days of grade school where everyone sits around anxiously waiting to meet the teacher and being slightly terrified of the cafeteria food. This is the same except replace school kids with thirty-something year old Russians and Serbians, the teacher with Heather the alway happy Head of Whateverthehellshedoeshere and the cafeteria food slightly more off putting glop. Mmmmm... glop.
However, the most exciting portion of the otherwise mundane and neglible info-session was being handed our ship itinerary, mapping out day by day where the ship will be. I had never imagined in a million years I'd be going the places that I am while on board the Solstice. After three days at sea, on the 30th of October, I arrive in Alexandria......... Egypt. Yeah, EGYPT! Let that sink in..... Has it sunk in yet? Yeah, me neither. I cannot even begin to tell you all how excited I am to: A) get on land again, I literally havent been outside in four days and B) go meandering around Alexandria, the jewel of the middle east!
Other ports include Safaga, Egypt, Oman, Jordan, this little place called Dubai, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore and then FINALLY onn the 30th of November I touch base in the promised land: Australia! Making stops in Brisbane, Darwin, Adelaide,Sydney, Perth, Albany and Melbourne.
Have you crapped your pants yet? Yeah... me neither.
No comments:
Post a Comment